Commercial & Legal can provide you the appropriate expertise to advise you on the purchase or sale of a business, whether it is a local chicken shop to businesses worth $20 million or more.
Depending on the complexity of the sale or purchase, we tailor our documents and advice according to the transaction and instruction.
We can assist you in the strategic advice associated with business sales, acquisitions and restructures, and generally assisting you in
- GST implications;
- Stock take of goods
- Registering plant and equipment, inventory and trademarks on the Personal Property Securities Registry (“PPSR”);
- Removing old PPSR entries over plant and equipment, inventory and trademarks;
- Property and leasing;
- Licensing including licence transfers i.e. liquor licence, council permits, vehicles and etc;
- What insurance is needed;
- Transfer or registration of Intellectual Property;
- Employment issues and entitlements;
- Deed of restraint of trade;
- Corporate structure and asset protection;
- Liaising with your financiers;
- Taxation consideration;
- Regulatory requirements including local, State and Federal Government compliance;
- Competition and consumer issues;
- Arranging searches and inspection; and
- Organising and attending settlement.
We have the ability to assist in the due diligence of simple and complex transactions.
the agreement along with advising you of any legal issues that may arise during the deal or in the future along with examining the tax implications such as GST, capital gains and income tax regardless if this is during settlement or in the future.
We can liaise with your accountant to protect your commercial and financial interests.
For further information, please contact our office on (08) 8206 8444.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation