Whether you are looking at buying or selling a business, our team can assist you with all aspects of the transaction by delivering timely quality advice and achieving the best outcomes, no matter the situation.
We can assist you with the sale or purchase of all types of businesses; whether it is a local chicken shop , a business worth $200 million or anything in between.
We tailor our strategy, documents and advice to best suit the nature and complexity of the transaction.
We offer a full service in relation to the sale and purchase of businesses, including:
- undertaking legal due diligence;
- providing corporate structure and asset protection advice and assisting implement such advice;
- providing tax advice, and assistance with dealings with the Federal Commissioner of Taxation and State revenue authorities;
- preparing, reviewing and negotiating business sale agreements and associated documents (including disclosure documents where required);
- providing advice in relation to the Personal Property Securities Register(“PPSR”) and, specifically, registering new registrations or removing existing registrations;
- providing advice regarding franchises and reviewing and negotiating franchise agreements;
- reviewing and negotiating leases, assignment of leases and related documents;
- providing advice in relation to, and assisting with all aspects of, the sale or purchase of associated land (including preparing, reviewing and negotiating sale contracts and, where required, disclosure documents);
- providing advice in relation to relevant licensing and accreditation and assisting with licence or accreditation transfers (for example, liquor licences, gaming licences or food safety accreditation);
- providing advice in relation to insurance requirements;
- providing advice in relation to intellectual property and assisting with the transfer or registration of intellectual property;
- providing advice in relation to the termination or transfer of existing employees and the transfer of employee entitlements;
- providing advice in relation to restraints of trade and non-solicitation provisions;
- liaising with your financiers (where necessary);
- providing advice in relation to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (where required); and
- attending to settlement.
We can also liaise directly with your accountants to ensure your financial position is best protected.
If you are considering buying or selling a business, please contact one of our experienced team members below.