At C&L we have a strong Conveyancing Division of 6 Conveyancers, being the largest of South Australian conveyancing Law Firms, which does increase our volume of work.
In Residential property transactions alone, we currently attend to an average of 100 settlements per month, and have successfully completed some 1,000 settlements in the past financial year.
There are few Law Firms in South Australia or Australia wide that can boast to handling this volume of property settlements, as the work is extremely cost competitive with so many conveyancing firms to compete with.
C&L has managed to break into this competitive market and grow our market share through the implementation of smart and efficient systems that allow us to offer superior legal and conveyancing services at highly competitive rates. The recent introduction of electronic conveyancing is also allowing C&L to now compete for this work across Australia, and we have already performed settlements in NSW, VIC and QLD.
Our Team will take the time to explain the process and importantly, keep you updated in a way that is convenient for you.
We as your Conveyancer will be your main point of contact and make it our business to be aware of every detail of your transaction.
Below is a step-by-step guide to give you some insight into how we can help you through your property transaction:-
- Examine your Contract and offer independent advice;
- Review your Form 1 and advise on the information provided;
- Order Statutory searches for matters affecting the land (more commonly known as Property Interest Report, Council Search, Rates and Taxes Certificates, Title Search etc.);
- Control compliance with Special Conditions and time limits;
- Prepare legal documentation in accordance with Land Titles Office requirements and attend to certification;
- Liaise with your financier in regards to Discharging Mortgage or new Mortgage;
- Adjust SA Water rates, Strata, Emergency Services Levy, Land Tax and Council rates together with excess water use calculation;
- Preparation of Settlement Statement (a breakdown of all fees and charges, rates and taxes and overall balance due to/by you);
- Arrange payments on your behalf to necessary Government departments/ rates and taxes;
- Update you of any particular obligations relating to Strata/Community Titles, Encumbrances etc.;
- Coordinate settlement with all Financiers and Conveyancers involved in the transaction and attending to settlement at the Land Titles Office on your behalf;
- Notifying SA Water, Local Government Council and Real Estate Agent of settlement confirmation and change of ownership.
We also provide interstate conveyancing services as well.